Open 4X5: fake freedom

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

fake freedom

For this assignment, I would like to take a small vacation from my normal portraiture-based images and go more in a landscape direction. However, I would also like to keep the human element there, however small it may be, and it will probably not be the main focus of the image. I would like the element of landscape and human interaction to kind of mesh and display equal importance. I would like them to be in black and white, and I am thinking of putting some kind of concealing factor on the human presence (head covering, some kind of sack or sheet.) The figures will be in a pose that suggests long awaited freedom or ecstasy (the coverings will suggest that this idea may just be an illusion.) I will shoot probably towards the later afternoon, on the weekends, and I would like to try for some desolate coastal scene and perhaps something more rural too. Final print sizes I will have to determine after the photos are created but I would like to have them fairly large.

I have recently been inspired by the work of Justine Kurland and would like to emulate some of her style for these photographs.




Assignment 3 Proposal

No comments:

Post a Comment